Since its inception in 2006, the Youth Red Cross Unit of SSN college of Engineering has carried out wide range of activities and training programmes- Blood Donations, First Aid and Fire Safety training, Awareness programmes on Environment preservation, AIDS, Drug abuse and Anti-corruption, Awareness Rallies, Village Camps, Visit to poor homes and NGOS, Volunteering for organizing college programmes and so on.
1. to serve as an information center to the college community about any features of the Red Cross
2. to enable the college community to obtain Red Cross services available to students
3. to serve as a focal point to which incoming Red Cross services can be coordinated
4. to serve as an outlet for the College Youth Red Cross volunteer services in the community
5. to provide an atmosphere towards the all round development of its members
ACTIVITIES OF YRC
Blood Donation camp:Blood Donation camps are conducted once in a semester. About 100 units of blood is donated in each camp.
Awareness Programmes and seminars:Awareness programmes on HIV/AIDS, Cancer, Drug Abuse, Anti Corruption are conducted in association with various organizations and NGOs
First Aid Training:First Aid and Fire Safety training conducted by Usha Fire Safety Pvt Ltd.
Orphanage Visits:Visits to orphanages and poor homes are done every semester and the needs of those people are met. Annai Fathima Illam, Karapakkam; Poor Home, Royapettah, are a few to name.
Village Camp:Village camp focuses on the welfare of residents of the particular village through medical camps, cleaning, survey and by teaching principles of red cross to school children
Copyright Reserved SSN School Of Management & Computer Applications 2010